Types of tracking technologies
There are three common types of tracking technologies used on DIYMARKET.PL:
- Cookies: This is a small data file sent from a server to your web browser or mobile device that is stored in your browser cache or mobile device. You can configure your browser's settings to reflect your preference to accept or reject cookies (see Managing Cookies below).
- Clear gifs, web beacons, web bugs: These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to your personally identifiable information.
- Flash cookies, local shared objects: Flash cookies are used to collect and store information, but differ from browser cookies in the amount, type and manner in which data is stored.
Tracking technologies have two different lifespans:
Persistent means it remembers certain information about your preferences for viewing the site, and allows DIYMARKET.PL to recognize you each time you return. Persistent cookies are stored on your browser cache or mobile device until you choose to delete them. Session, on the other hand, is specific to a particular visit to the site, to carry information as you view different pages on DIYMARKET.PL so you don’t have to re-enter information. Session cookies expire and delete themselves automatically when you leave the Site or close your web browser.
DIYMARKET.PL uses tracking technologies for a few general purposes:
- Strictly necessary: Vital to ensuring that DIYMARKET.PL works properly for visitors and members.
- Performance: Help us understand how the Site or the Apps are functioning so that we can improve our services.
- Functionality: Retain your personal preferences as you use the Site or the Apps to enhance your experience.
- Marketing and Advertising: Gather data to help deliver advertising content relevant to your interests.
The table below contains examples of the cookies and tracking technologies we use:
|Functionality||Analytics Cookie||All of DIYMARKET.PL||Similar to the Google Analytics cookie, but for internal use only. Keeps track of first, last visit information, and from what site you were referred from.|
|Functionality||All of DIYMARKET.PL||Used to enable functionality to connect to Facebook in order to suggest gifts to friends, follow another member's public site activity, etc.|
|Strictly Necessary||Auth Cookie||DIYMARKET.PL Site users for signed in members||Keeps track of your session information when you are logged into DIYMARKET.PL.|
|Strictly Necessary||User Cookie||All of DIYMARKET.PL||Contains information relevant to your current session, including language, country, currency, and persistent login preferences.|
|Advertising||Google Analytics||All of DIYMARKET.PL||Allows us to keep track of where visitors to the site are coming from. Provides general site usage metrics (such as long how they stayed on the site), as well as relevant search/purchase information.|
Opting-Out and Managing Cookies
You can change your web browser's settings to reflect your cookie preferences. Each browser is a little different, but usually these settings are under the "options" or "preferences" menu. The links below provide information about cookie settings for the browsers supported by DIYMARKET.PL: